 Off-Topic / Debate / 4536
    Re: Mormon bashing again —Todd Lehman
   (...) Oh! I just realized, I have another question about the deep meaning of this the First Commandment. OK, is it assumed or implied here that God is commanding us to believe that he exists and to have Him as our god? Or is he simply saying (this (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Do the Ten Commandments tolerate Atheism? (was: Re: Mormon bashing again) —Todd Lehman
     (...) Actually, what's more puzzling to me is that the Ten Commandments don't say anything about passing on the information, unless that's implied by an external document. After all, we are all born atheists, and we can only accept religion as Truth (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mormon bashing again —Bill Farkas
   (...) a) is pretty close. IMHO he's saying not to mix His service with the service of others. It assumes that the person who cares enough to find out what He expects is desirous to follow Him and should not divide their attention by seeking Him and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Does the First Commandment tolerate Atheism? (was: Re: Mormon bashing again) —Todd Lehman
     (...) Wow. Well, that's actually quite reasonable, then. So, if I'm understanding this correctly, what you're saying is that the First Commandment does indeed tolerate atheism. It might not be happy with the existence of atheism, but it does (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mormon bashing again —Larry Pieniazek
   Waitasec.. (...) Are you sure about this? Most christians assert I am doomed to enternal damnation because I am aware of christanity but choose not to believe. They say that no matter how righteous my life is, no matter that I never lie, cheat, or (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mormon bashing again —James Brown
     (...) Meet some better christians. (mildly tongue in cheek) Most Christians I know would prefer it if you believe in their God (which ever version they ascribe to), and may well engage in passive conversion(1), but very few of them hold that being (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mormon bashing again —Bill Farkas
   (...) I wasn't speaking to acceptability, my reference was to what would be the standard of judgement. It says that those who are not under the law (of Moses) will be judged without the law. They will be condemned all the same because without a way (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mormon bashing again —Larry Pieniazek
    (...) I didn't say that I hadn't, although I've come close. I've certainly never intentionally cheated or stole from anyone, but lying is a bit grey... is exaggerating for effect when you're joshing around with someone lying? Technically yes. (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mormon bashing again —Bill Farkas
   (...) I don't think so, I'm sure God has a sense of humor every time I look in the mirror. I think He differentiates between humor and seriousness. Just like intent in a legal case. Bill (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)