 Off-Topic / Debate / 4599
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 21:19:49 GMT

Waitasec..

Bill Farkas wrote:

If people don't want to believe that's fine with Him, the commandments were
only for those who sought Him because they believed him to be the only true
God. Romans chapters 1, 2 says those who don't believe will be judged by how
they judged others - in other words, if someone did something to you and you
thought it was wrong but went on to do it to others, that is the measure you
will be judged by. We all have God's principles written in our hearts and
know
right and wrong whether we admit it or not - no matter how hard we twist
reality to fit what suits us. Romans 2 says we are always trying to accuse
or
excuse one another - unbelievers will be judged by their own hypocrisy.

Are you sure about this? Most christians assert I am doomed to enternal
damnation because I am aware of christanity but choose not to believe.
They say that no matter how righteous my life is, no matter that I never
lie, cheat, or steal, rejection of their god is it for me and others of
my ilk.

I wasn't speaking to acceptability, my reference was to what would be the
standard of judgement. It says that those who are not under the law (of Moses)
will be judged without the law. They will be condemned all the same because
without a way of removing, completely, the stain of sin one cannot enter
heaven. The first sentence of my statement above is that God doesn't twist
anyone's arm - if they want believe in him, they may; if not, that's fine, yet
they will be held accountable - just not to the law of Moses.

You honestly haven't lied, cheated or stolen? Ever? Wow. :)

Bill

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!