 Off-Topic / Debate / 4598
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:22:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
That's not at all what those verses say.

[big snip]

Bill, I'm afraid that we'll simply have to agree to disagree.  After reading
all of them, I can't see how any of the references you pointed me to support
your side -- or even fail to support mine.

And as for entering a civil discussion with you, I've decided to forget it.
You certainly are well-versed with passages from the Bible, and this has made
for an interesting scripture chase.  However, you've also made enough pretty
wide generalizations about people who don't agree with you, to convince me
that you are, in your eyes, never wrong.

Your words: "[Disagreement] usually comes from having preconceived ideas or
from a lack of drawing conclusions until processing all of the facts.  Too
many christians make judgements based on a few passages without considering
their impact on other truths.  Some just want to manipulate behavior.  Some
are frustrated at their own inability to control their own behavior that they
try to control others which is far easier."

Rather than trying to find out which of these categories you cubbyhole me
into, I will withdraw from discussing this with you.

Cheers,
- jsproat

  Card-carrying member of the Star-Bellied Sneech Preservation Society