 Off-Topic / Debate / 3690
  Re: Libertarian stuff

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John DiRienzo writes a lot of unhelpful nonsense ultimately decaying to a simple ad hominem, yet again. John, are you wholly unfamiliar with the conventions of interpersonal communication? You seem unable to mount an (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff

Dave Schuler wrote in message ... (...) nonsense (...) you (...) Deal with your problems if you have any, too. I am dealing with my own as quickly as I can, and I don't mind you pointing them out to me (1) (well, sometimes!). To help me with my "sad (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff

(...) With the threading as broken as it is, this deep in a thread tree, it may be useful to quote enough of the post that you're replying to for us to find it. Or are you just ranting against John in general rather than at a specific post? I'd say (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff

(...) Did I break the threading by failing to quote the message? If so, then this break is obviously my fault. I guess I would say that I am ranting against John in general as well as at a specific post of his, but my initial message was in response (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff

(...) That's all anyone can ask, and I will likewise try to be more civil. Larry's done a great job of pointing out that my behavior has been less than exemplary, so I'm hardly able to cast the first stone. As a general suggestion (and Richard has (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff

(...) Didn't say YOU broke it, merely that it is broken. "this deep in a thread tree" for various reasons, the reference lines being posted are truncated. Todd has a proposed fix to cnews that will compensate for (I think in most cases) other (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff --Time Out!

(...) Mine was a face-value question--I wasn't saying that you accused me. (...) Why are you so hostile now, of all times, when I've admitted in two separate posts that you were right and I was wrong? Is it because I didn't like Bicentennial Man? (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff --Time Out!

They say it takes 20 minutes for the hormones caused by anger to fade and dissapate. That when you're in the middle of an emotional argument, it is better to go into seperate rooms, whatever, for 20 minutes until both parties become rational again; (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)