 Off-Topic / Debate / 3062
3061  |  3063
Subject:
Best Lock instruction scans (Re: Best Lock Adverstising
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 05:28:06 GMT

Tony Kilaras wrote:

Anybody have any Best Lock instructions they can scan in? Some of the sets
look quite nice.

Have they been out long enough to be out of production on some of the
sets already? Seems to me (and I ain't speaking for anyone else, just
myself here, you have to decide for yourself what is right, no matter
how clear cut it seems to me) that scanning and passing around
instructions is taking revenue away from the manufacturer. That's true
whether it's TLC, Megablocks or BestLock.

I see no reason to treat TLC better than the clones in this regard, no
matter that the clones aren't as good as TLC. The principle remains the
same, don't you think? Or maybe it's OK to cheat on your taxes, if only
a little, just not a lot? (1)

Sometimes it's rather inconvenient to see everything as black and white
as I do, because you can't just rationalize away the small stuff at the
edges.  Some may say "geez, it's only a few scans" but it's a matter of
kind, not degree. I see it as clear cut wrong, unless someone were to
secure some sort of clearance from BestLock. I can't very well expect
people not to scan the instructions to my hopper and not pass them
around if I'm not willing to afford the same protection to my
competition, as it were...

1 - alert readers will recall that I personally feel it IS ok to cheat
on your taxes to whatever degree you think you can get away with,
because, after all, taxation is theft. But I've made a "kind" decision
on that, not a "degree" decisions. Degree decisions are always wrong in
my simplistic morality.

FUT off-topic.debate