 Off-Topic / Debate / 3061
Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:07:47 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote in message ...
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John DiRienzo writes:
  Al Franken is a stupid little idiot, but funny as Steve Martin or Chevy
Chase.  I liked that book too, despite its erroneous and pugnacious (1)
title.

Do you have any back-up for that ad hominem assessment, or are you just
angry?  In fact, he's quite insightful and an acknowledged political • satirist.
For one example of his punditry, I refer you to chapter 30 of his book.
Further, if you want to get your blood pressure up, I suggest chapter 22. • Any
Dittoheads still with me at this point will no doubt decry Franken as
uninformed or at best nonsensical, but neither, in fact, is the case.

Dave!

   I just moved and don't know the book's current whereabouts.  So, despite
my desire to do so, I can't see those chapters now.  Refresh me (titles
should be adequate).  IMHO, it was a funny book and had a
semi-straightforward view of the insanity we call life in the 90s.  I prefer
Rush's idealism over Franken's sarcasm, and would feel safer if more agreed
with the former than your man.  No, he's not stupid, nor an idiot, but
neither is Rush, in case you took that too seriously.  In fact, I relish
Franken's humor, as so many funny people these days are just so dull.  Not
that I agree with him, but I like him.

--
   Have fun!
   John

"Censorship is yet another tool in the dumbing-down of America
by a power structure that relies on a populace too lazy or ignorant
to think independently." -Vanessa McGrady