 Off-Topic / Debate / 28441
Re: siggy testaroo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 07:22:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Patterson wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.test, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.test, John Patterson wrote:

   Geeze Tim, you too can post “not nice ” messages. Each forum has its “Forum Nazi’s.” While I am off inventoring, why don’t you go and stick some bricks together. John P

While fora often have some people who are overzealous, and some who post “not nice” messages from time to time, in my experience, labelling them with a term that signifies hate and genocide is not likely to be productive.

Richie Dulin

FUT o-t.debate (it seems the best fit, but I could be wrong)

But it does make a point. I read a lot of old messages and it seems that there are some people here that want the forums to be what they want. If something does not fit their point of view about subject or style they let everyone know. Nazi has come to mean “do it my way or you are dead” and what you said above. I have heard it used a number of different times without to point out the worst in all of us. I am sure that Mel Brooks chose this for a point. I used it to convey the total lack of acceptance for opposing points of view and intolerance. I also used it as a point about the censorship that some of the regulars use to derail some posts.

I think I understand your point, but, even so, I must say I don’t think using that term is a good idea.

   You would be surprised how some of the military in Israel use the term.

I would? I defer to your knowledge of the Israeli military - incidentally, I’m sure that’s not the only thing about some of them that would surprise me.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation and all the best with your inventory corrections.

Cheers

Richie Dulin