 Off-Topic / Debate / 28327
Re: USA vs. UK pay differences
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:17:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   “The minimum wage in the UK is roughly $10/hr USD against the US’s $5.15/hr.”

In other words, the average American is poorer than the average Briton, and therefore less able to pay the same prices for the same product.

Not neccessarily true. You cannot make a broad generalization simply based on the average wage in dollars. The average American pays less for everything than the average Brit so may or may not be “poorer” in material goods and access to services.

I wish I’d paid attention to the few discussions of logic I have attended. I am sure there is a fancy latin phrase to describe your error.