 Off-Topic / Debate / 28243
Re: I don't think the Southern Baptist *Anyone* can say *anything* about *anyone else*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 23:42:03 GMT

http://us.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/07/giuliani.baptists.ap/index.html

"
NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- A Southern Baptist leader said Tuesday that
evangelical voters might tolerate a divorced presidential candidate, but they
have deep doubts about GOP hopeful Rudy Giuliani, who has been married three
times.
"

Why don't they just call the position 'His Holiness The President' and be done
with it? It seems to be what they (unreasonably) expect from him, and any
candidates for the position, anyway (and 'they' are not just religious people
either).