 Off-Topic / Debate / 28240
Re: I don't think the Southern Baptist *Anyone* can say *anything* about *anyone else*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 18:42:24 GMT

   http://us.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/07/giuliani.baptists.ap/index.html

“ NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- A Southern Baptist leader said Tuesday that evangelical voters might tolerate a divorced presidential candidate, but they have deep doubts about GOP hopeful Rudy Giuliani, who has been married three times. ”

Yeah, and i have deep doubts about the Southern Baptist institutions with regards to ‘walking the walk’ when we consider how *some* of their ‘leaders’ have ‘fallen from grace’ lately.

Why don’t these southern baptist leaders start worrying about the planks in their own eyes before they go all ‘holy roller’ over Rudy’s divorces.

Well, you are implying that one needs to be perfect to criticize, which I don’t think is fair. But I will say that I don’t think that particular issue has anything to do with the job for which Wudy is wunning.

   Yet one more reason why I have no interest at all in organized religion anymore.

One bad apple (or bushel;-) don’t spoil the whole bunch, girl (But it will cost you $3,500 to chat with one in particular for 30 seconds!)

   Though this is jsut my opinion.

You know, Dave, there are plenty of amazing people with their heads totally on straight in organized religion. You should focus on them, and perhaps your opinion might change. The half empty, half full thing.

JOHN