 Off-Topic / Debate / 27934
Re: Two questions for the Conservatives and/or Republicans out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 02:44:49 GMT

John wrote:
Yeah, there's gotta be a way.  Or, maybe the code is owned by the government and
Diebold merely provides the hardware?  I'm no expert in this area, but it seems
to me that electronic voting shouldn't be such a huge issue.

[JOHN]

The current administration effectively owns the code now, and they're
not going to let anyone see it.

Open source is the only acceptable solution in this application.