 Off-Topic / Debate / 27933
Re: Two questions for the Conservatives and/or Republicans out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 02:37:01 GMT

John wrote:

Well, I am not beholden to Diebold for anything.  It seems to me that the bottom
line is that you don't trust {them}, not the equipment they produce.  Companies
will always have some bias, either left or right; that is a given.  What doesn't
follow is that because of that bias, they will act nefariously to benefit their
political POV.  What is {more} likely is that they will act nefariously to "keep
the gig".  The solution would be to keep the process competitive so that the
incentive is accurate performance, or face losing the contract.

Umm... Diebold's CEO stated in a letter that he was committed to
delivering Ohio's electoral votes to the president.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/08/30/technology/election_diebold/

BTW, keeping them in office guarantees they keep their gig, So why
should we trust them,  when it's been demonstrated over and over that
they didn't design these machines to be secure *AND* they have already
stated that they have a bias?

It's just too blatant.

-JSM