 Off-Topic / Debate / 27842 (-20)
  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) yo did say you missed the 'good ol' days'... :) I'm just fed up with sitting around whilst these bullies behind the pulpit hit us over the heads with what we should be doing (or shouldn't be doing) and saying they preach the word of 'the God (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys wrote: ***snip of quite a rant!*** (...) That reminds me of recent studies showing that so-called "abstinence pledges" or "virginity pledges" are often every bit the sham that one might expect. The majority (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) Hey Lenny, For myself, my faith in God has never been stronger. That said, my faith in anything 'religious' or 'church'ish, or 'biblical' has never been lower--I'm adamantly opposed to 'pushing' religiousity down everyone's throats. And when (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) I'm down with that, but here's the problem. The same current-day (and vocal, and generally unopposed in public) fundamentalists who complained about the so-called War on Christmas wouldn't see it that way, and since they control at least two (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) Although my faith in God has been waining lately, I like this justification of the phrase. The notion of higher law (or natural law) has been around for quite some time (and inspired many of the founding fathers). However, I'm pretty sure that (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) But your interesting angle only answers the question, because it is not the intention of Christians to turn the US into a theocracy, Dave! Look, this nation was founded by people who sought religious freedom, to be free to worship their God in (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

(...) LMAO!!! Thanks for bringing those to my attention, Larry! They truly made my day - I haven't laughed so much for ages! That Richie guy is a riot!! I managed to find the Joe Vig entry myself though, and liked it so much I spotlighted it, so the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

(...) C'mon Larry, this is good..:-) Made me smile, and even giggle..more than once..:-) Selçuk (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

(...) Dear Mr. Jr., (both you and Dear Sir Hoffman actually), you make it in such an unbearable fashion that, it is almost impossible not to want to take a shot... at both of you..:-) with my warmest embraces, Selçuk (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) Well, I guess I just wonder why Christians don't get upset at this widespread violation of the 2nd Commandment. I mean, if the phrase is "secular in nature and in use," then that's a pretty serious dilution of the Big Guy's name, isn't it? And (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Libertarians are silly, guns should be outlawed, and there is no God

(...) Well, I say bring'em back! True False False :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Newdow in the News (again)

Little rules I live by... #13 13. "If you can't even get the 9th circuit to go along with your (URL) kooky agenda>, then you are really kooky." Oh where is the cacaphony of criticism from the Creedless? :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Libertarians are silly, guns should be outlawed, and there is no God

(...) I miss those days. Just 10 minutes ago I was reading a blog-- (URL) was quite 'educated' about this Zarqawi guy. According to the blog, basically we killed a straw man--he really wasn't much of anything. And then I went and read this one about (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> . (...) Me! Me! Me!!! I want sarcasm!!!!!! If it was my contest, and only if it was my contest, I would have stated in 'da rulz' that Joe Vig has to be composed of such'n such colour of torso, (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

--SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- Dear Janey, I have to take issue with the above statement. A yellow round one by one is one of these things [LDrawPart 3062B:14] whereas I'm sure you mean a yellow head [LDrawPart 3626B:14] which is an entirely different (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Libertarians are silly, guns should be outlawed, and there is no God

(...) My "good old days of Lugnet" metre was fit to burst (again) but this post has well and truly deflated it. Thanks. Rant averted. Tim (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Libertarians are silly, guns should be outlawed, and there is no God

I miss the good old days in ot.debate when we discussed real issues, and our opinions had wide-ranging impact well beyond the bounds of LUGNET. Why, my musings on the virtues of government subsidized medicine led directly to Canada's implementation (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote: SNIP Marc, I will endeavor to be as simple as I can in my reply, I hope you will be able to read deeply into the answers, as short as they are. (...) Yes. (...) YES. (best 6 year old voice I can (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

(...) The Seatop is a brig, as I specified in my post, not a ship. See (URL) for further details. Cheers Richie Dulin (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

(...) It's a joke, Larry. Or am I the only one that thinks this whole 'discussion' is hilariously absurd? Allister (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact