 Off-Topic / Debate / 27757 (-20)
  Code Kerfuffle

I'm bracing for (URL) it>. Methinks they doth protest too much? JOHN (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Looks LIke Snow in Late April....

(...) I'll bet that his statements in context would speak for themselves. The guy is a conservative, not a synchophant. (...) I'll explain it-- it's called "partisan politics";-) (...) In the interests of full disclosure, I must admit (and I've (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  "its worth the 2:47 of your time to watch"

(URL) the best in technical style... but I have to agree... this production "its worth the 2:47 of your time to watch". I think this is an interesting use of Lego, nice to see an interesting message being presented. I would like to see more "films" (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Looks LIke Snow in Late April....

(...) I didn't mean it that way. Snow's choice to accept the job of Bush Spokesman, after blasting Bush so poignantly, smacks of hypocrisy unless Snow cares to retract or explain his earlier remarks. Kind of like how Cheney, in 1998, declared high (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Looks LIke Snow in Late April....

(...) I suspect that Murdoch is a pure whore. If he thought he could get more money by supporting Democrats, he'd be waving that banner instead. (...) And sometimes behind my actual seriousness I'm being wryly humorous. nyuk nyuk nyuk (...) Well, to (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Looks LIke Snow in Late April....

(...) It only shows that he is a FREE thinker and not a party hack. You damn him if he does, and damn him if he doesn't. (...) ALL media sources are biased. They are comprised of people, who have their own political views. At least FOX recognizes (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Looks LIke Snow in Late April....

(...) Are you kidding? Snow's words are his own--let's hear his own accounting for them. And do you really believe that FoxNews is a neutral media outlet? Before answering, please omit references to the so-called "liberal" media sources like CNN and (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Looks LIke Snow in Late April....

(...) That's what I'm talking about. Don't tell him I said so because he'll just get a big head, but I have the utmost respect for Dave! But I've found that sometimes behind his wry humor he is actually serious. When one lies down with dogs, one (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Looks LIke Snow in Late April....

(...) Besides, we all know that Rupert Murdoch is the one in charge anyway. He obviously wanted someone more directly involved in his running of the country. ;) Tim (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Looks LIke Snow in Late April....

(...) Are you really that cynical, or have you merely been dazed by hanging out in the Dunderground too long? You disappoint me, Dave! I like to think of you as being above all of the partisan blather... JOHN (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Looks LIke Snow in Late April....

(...) It will be especially interesting to learn if he still thinks that Bush is an "impotent" "embarrassment," as documented (URL) here>. There's also (URL) this> to consider. On the other hand, it's nice that a member of Fox's Ministry of (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Looks LIke Snow in Late April....

(URL) I happen to like Tony Snow and have heard him a few times filling in on radio talk shows (for Rush maybe?); it will be interesting to see how/if he changes his public persona for his new job. I hope not. JOHN (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) No, that sounds right on the money to me. Here are the statements that we need to consider: A. I believe that God exists. B. I do not believe that God does not exist. C. I believe that God does not exist D. I do not believe that God exists. A (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) Trickily worded! I have a lack of belief in Hoojidangs. I bet you do too, because you don't even know what they are. Neither do I. It's some unknown. Hence, I have a lack of belief in them which requires no faith. I'm not sure I'd even call (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) To sum earlier discussion-- Dave! does not believe that the following equations are equal-- 1 + (-1) = 0 (-1) + 1 = 0 ;) Dave K (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The God Game!

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote: <snip> Their is one notable flaws of logic in this test. They compare the burden (...) That's the question that hung me up. Dave K (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) I got struck with a hit on that one as well: "As long as there are no compelling arguments or evidence that show that God does not exist, atheism is a matter of faith, not rationality." "If, despite years of trying, no strong evidence or (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) Would you also argue that the statement "people who believe in God must make a leap of faith" is too broad and non-specific? (...) I would have to say that you are either an agnostic or you have made a leap of faith. It is my opinion that an (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) I don't want to start a whole big thing here, but I'd take issue with that statement as being too broad and non-specific. One form of atheism--the belief that God does not exist--may require a leap of faith, but that's not the only form. I, (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) Tricky. I had to go back to that class I took back in my Catholic HS days to think through those questions. In the end I scored zero hits and bit twice. Adr. (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact