 Off-Topic / Debate / 27754
Re: Looks LIke Snow in Late April....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:05:08 GMT

On the other hand, it’s nice that a member of Fox’s Ministry of Propoganda will be on the Whitehouse’s payroll officially rather than simply letting the network do all the drum-beating on its own.

Are you really that cynical, or have you merely been dazed by hanging out in the Dunderground too long? You disappoint me, Dave! I like to think of you as being above all of the partisan blather...

Are you kidding? Snow’s words are his own--let’s hear his own accounting for them.

It only shows that he is a FREE thinker and not a party hack. You damn him if he does, and damn him if he doesn’t.

I didn’t mean it that way. Snow’s choice to accept the job of Bush Spokesman, after blasting Bush so poignantly, smacks of hypocrisy unless Snow cares to retract or explain his earlier remarks.

Kind of like how Cheney, in 1998, declared high gas prices to be the sign of a failed Presidency. He either needs to retract or explain that.

   And do you really believe that FoxNews is a neutral media outlet? Before answering, please omit references to the so-called “liberal” media sources like CNN and MSNBC, which are anything but. And NPR certainly doesn’t count, when you consider the relative sizes of the audiences.

ALL media sources are biased. They are comprised of people, who have their own political views. At least FOX recognizes that it is conservative-leaning. The others you cited actually believe that they are impartial. For all of these years. THAT is the real issue. I don’t even care that CNN, CBS, PBS, etc are left-leaning. THEY need to recognize it and acknowledge it.

CNN and MSNBC are barely even centrist, much less left-leaning, and neither CBS nor PBS has anything like the 24/7 Bush-friendly media saturation so gleefully put forth by FoxNews.

Visit Fair.org for a review of just how Conservative-friendly these networks are, including NPR. Just this morning I heard three back-to-back Bush-kissing stories on NPR’s All Things Considered, without so much as a token of dissent. NPR commonly features commentators who are pro-war or pro-tax-cut or anti-housing-assistance while neglecting to offer a rebuttal from the Left.

Dave!

(We should probably pick one part of this thread or the other, rather than blathering down two roads simultaneously...)