 Off-Topic / Debate / 27224
Re: When to speak one's mind?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 04:48:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Nick Kappatos wrote:

Here's a quick summary of the
aforementioned nazi mess:

Person A: "Here's a flying swastika."
Person B: "I don't find the MOC to be well built, and your subject matter may be
a sore spot for many people"
Persons C, D, E, F: "You're a censor! Censorship is BAD! I HAVE RIGHTS!"
Persons B, G, H, I: "It's not censorship, it's thinking about your actions.
Think of the children. Won't anyone please think of the children?"
Persons C, D, E, F: "Slippery slope! Slippery slope! I HAVE RIGHTS!"
Persons B, G, H, I: "You hurt my feelings with your lack of caring for other's
feelings. I weep for the children."

Actually, there wasn't much discussion of censorship in the LUGNET thread. You
may be thinking of the one on JLUG[1], but i thought we'd agreed that what goes
on in JLUG should stay in JLUG.

Cheers,

Allister

[1]which didn't transpire quite as you characterise it either, but granted, such
discussions usually do go that way.