 Off-Topic / Debate / 27149
Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:36:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Samuel Morrison wrote:

   You don’t see a difference between a coordinated effort to complete destroy a race of people vs. a criminal justice system gone horribly wrong? Stalin had almost 30 years to kill roughly 20 million Russians - most of whom were killed in Gulags for political crimes. Hitler had 13 years (4 of which were the Holocaust proper) to kill 12 million people - most of whom were killed for being the wrong race/religion.

So it’s not as bad if you stretch out your genocidal activities over a few decades rather than just one? And I’m sure a few ethnicities within the former Soviet Union may disagree that they committed “political” crimes. Like the Kulaks, the Chechnyans, or perhaps the Poles.

That’s not actually what he said, that’s what you’re inferring.

   What do you disagree about? That I’m advocating censorship? That my critique misses the point? Yet you agree that the MOC is potentially offensive. Do you think the MOC is really great, with innovative techniques?

I didn’t say it was obscene. You’re putting words in my mouth again. I didn’t say it advocated Nazism either.

I didn’t say you said it was obscene - the only harm it does is upset people, so why ban it? Should we ban everything that causes the least bit of controversy? And if it’s not a truly innovative, MOC, that really shouldn’t matter. There are plenty of MOCs here that aren’t that innovative. And frankly, satire should still be treated as satire, even if it isn’t successful in all circles. Lighten up a bit.

Yeah Lenny, lighten up. Samuel can give you funny lessons while wearing his rainbow swastika suspenders and hammer & sickle clown shoes.