 Off-Topic / Debate / 27082 (-10)
  Re: Here's a scary one

(...) Ok, now here's one that's even scarier: (URL) really scary though is the debate over on Sean K. Reynold's boards where one guy is saying that the guy deserved the punnishment because he broke the particular law. No reasoning that perhaps when (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Souter Farm target of hotel proposal?

(URL) case this link goes stale, apparently someone has made a proposal that Justice David Souter's(1) farm in NH be condemned under eminent domain and used to site a hotel. It's pretty clear the proposal is a protest but I found it interesting (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) Since I've already ceded that point, I think we can move on. Also, I don't know what I was smoking that led me to fail to distinguish between fetal and embryonic, which really is central in this context. My apologies. (...) We need to define (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) All politicians are most interested in the unthinking flock. Both sides have a flock like this that will beleive and regurgitate what ever they are told, expecially when it is what they want to hear. Niether party is any better than the other (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) As you have noted elsewhere, this consensus most certainly doesn't exist and scientific progress can most likely procede without the use of fetal stem cells. (...) This is actually a good point. I know that numerous eggs are used purely for (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Supremes sing another sour note

(...) The "liberal" side is always sour:-D JOHN (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Supremes sing another sour note

(...) Well isn't it the "liberals" who are supposed to be "down" on "big bad corps"?? from the article: "The court's decision drew a scathing dissent from Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, who argued the decision favors rich corporations." Hence the (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Supremes sing another sour note

(...) What's so strange about that? :-) You are correct; brutal decision! JOHN (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  The Supremes sing another sour note

The state can favour one (presumably well connected) private individual over another, to the point of using eminent domain to take what rightfully belongs to one person and give it to another: (URL) enough, this time it was the "liberal" side that (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) Or maybe (URL) not.> Well, how about that! And right in my own backyard. Heck, I don't have any let's-kill-as-many-e...s-possible agenda; I just want the science to proceed. This is very encouraging, though of course we'll need to see more (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact