 Off-Topic / Debate / 26365
Re: Can we help?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:14:39 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Bryan Wong wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Richie Dulin wrote:
Sure is: Outrageous claim. Unrelated evidence.

I fail to see how that is an outrageous claim.  I was able to watch Shrek 2 on
DVD several months ago, and the DVD is only scheduled for release on November
5th (according to Blockbuster).  Yes, the quality was terrible, but it was the
full movie nonetheless.  All I am suggesting is that TLG can expect to see their
future product available to the public under a different brand name months
before they are officially released.

I can see how it's unrelated to where a product is produced, but not outrageous.

Moving production to a country with less-ethical business practices only makes
it easier for people to copy your work.

Moving production to  to a country with less-ethical business practices might
make it easier for people to copy your work, but that would depend on the
business you chose.

There is production that goes on in China, carried out by reputable firms of
great integrity and ethical business practices, which does not end up being
leaked or copied by other business at all, let alone on a regular basis.

To identify all business in China as having less ethical business practices is,
in my view, an outrageous claim. (And to back up that claim with the example of
some dodgy DVD pirating operation is pretty outrageous too).

Cheers

Richie Dulin