 Dear LEGO / 4939
Re: Can we help?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:00:10 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   In lugnet.dear-lego, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   Dear Lego,

Is there something we can do to help prevent the move to China? I know it’s probably not possible, but can we show either a form of support or try to prove long term harm of the company’s image (I wish Lego Co. the best, but expect the worst)?

To be completely clear... we have NOT announced we are moving production to China. Rather we have simply been mentioning that, as good business practice, we are looking at options. As was mentioned elsewhere, 80% of the toy business has it’s goods produced in China. It would be silly not to at least consider why.

But there has not been a decision made one way or the other at this point.

Jake

As an AFOL who complains long and loud about TLC actions that I disagree with, I feel I have a duty to chime in here:

I will not think less of TLC for moving production to China, and I will not buy less from TLC if they move production to China. I really don’t care if the bricks come from China or Mexico or El Salvador, as long as they keep coming.

Marc Nelson Jr.