 Off-Topic / Debate / 26332
Re: TV-B-Gone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:38:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney wrote:

http://www.tv-b-gone.com/

While I appreciate the arguments against this, I also share the anti-TV-ubiquity
sentiment.  While I was at UCLA, at first the student union food court had one
TV, which was over at one end.  So students who wanted to watch while they ate
would sit over there.  The rest of the tables were filled with students studying
while they ate.  A couple of years later they spread TV's throughout the table
area, and it was suddenly impossible to study there.  It was very frustrating,
because in most cases no one was even trying to watch TV, and all that the boxes
accomplished was to make it impossible to focus on anything else.

Bruce