 Off-Topic / Debate / 25579
  Re: Help me with the math

(...) That has absolutely nothing to do with the point. Bush sold the war on the basis of "WoMD" (Weapons of Mass Destruction for anyone wandering by) and when Bush couldn't find any, he came up with the "bad man" excuse. Bait and switch. (...) That (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) I don't agree. He sold the war on the premise that SH was a bad man who possessed WMDs and wouldn't think twice about making those weapons available to our enemies. I never bought the direct threat idea-- just the aid and abett idea. After (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) Give it another 50 days or so. Dave! (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) Look up the quote chain and you'll see I established "immenent use of WoMD". Basically, you are agreeing with me. All you did is weasel in the words "bad man". (...) You accept that lame explanation? You are satisfied with that? A shrug of the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) I wouldn't state that Dubya The Idiot did nothing. He did something--he told all his buddies--remember that many of them didn't, or wouldn't, fly in the preceeding weeks leading up to 9/11. Note that this pre 9/11 (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) I believe that the Bush administration believed he had them and could at any time make them available to al-Qaeda. That was the source of the immediacy, not that some attack was imminent. (...) Do you have a better explanation of the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) Well, I believe Australia is also playing a small part in the "war on terror", as well as Iraq. I guess we haven't been as lucky as the US. (URL) well. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance, I guess. ROSCO (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) You are counting embassy land as official territory of Australia, and that's fine. (...) Say it with pride, Ross! I salute Australians and their courage to stand up and offer their sons and daughters as sacrifices for the cause of Freedom. The (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) That would be included in what I said. However, there are no WoMD and no Al Qaeda connections. Bush can believe what he wants, but I am saying he should be held accountable for his mistakes. (...) He just released a new claim that America is (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) Fair enough. (...) Okay. But I reserve the right to have you eat magpie and admit you were wrrrrr if they turn up in Syria or somewhere:-) (...) Check (URL) this> out. (...) And his triumphs, I presume. Fair enough. (...) Why no video? (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) I have some comment on the tip of my tongue about what you could be eating in the meantime, but somehow, (hint, it involves the President's last name) I'm not sure I can say that on Lugnet. _ :-0 - Is it still missing, by the way? (Munch's The (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) I'm usually wrong about how to reason with John, so maybe I should just shut up. But would it make things easier if those of us who think that Bush was seriously negligent in his handling of the intelligence regarding the 9/11 attack admitted (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) John said "Bush is brilliant" and that is what I am arguing about. Not "Clinton is an idiot". John is playing a game: Bush is not responsible for anything that has gone wrong, it's all Somebody Else's Fault. Essentially, he's trying to drag (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Is Bush an idiot? (was: Help me with the math)

(...) What if his goals are completely opaque to us? What if severing the restrictive ties of international prestige is a goal for the new world order crowd? What if handing an unquenchable mess to a Democrat so that four years later the next step (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)