 Off-Topic / Debate / 24598
Re: Some wins for freedom from the Supremes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 23:10:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   I think it is time Oz re-joined the Empire. ;)

Mmmm, and just when I was thinking that we should quit the allegiance to the Queen thingie, and get all republicy. Particularly me with my pro-Irish sentiments.

It turns out that we have already essentially signed up as a US state (and a moderately sized one at that) without so much as a by your leave.

Perhaps I missed a staff meeting or something.

There is something terribly demoralising about finding out that noisy, passionate and expensive public issues of moment (like the republic debates of years past) are just the smoke made to obscure the true manoeuvres.

Its one of the few times I have toyed with thinking of the Kiwis as superior.

Obviously I didn’t toy with the concept for long or anything ;-)

Indeed, not only do we appear to have signed up to the one of the United States of America’s New World Order, but we seem to have signed up as a second class state - if I understand it correctly, the US Administration wouldn’t dare try worthy US citizens under the process planned for Hicks and friends. Its non-US citizens only at Club X-Ray.

Richard
Still baldly going...