 Off-Topic / Debate / 23640
  Another horrific story out of Fallujah

(URL) is frighteningly reminiscent of the events in Somolia that inspired the movie Black Hawk Down. So the obvious question is what do we do now? Do we act as Bill Clinton did in Somolia and evacuate the area out of fear? Do we act as the voters of (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Another horrific story out of Fallujah

(...) Cash in, and make another movie? ;) Thankfully, I only saw censored pictures of what happened. A few people died yesterday, and that is upsetting to both me and you. However, you should note that a great deal of innocent civilians have been (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Another horrific story out of Fallujah

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote regarding (URL) link>. (...) If I understand Dubya's agenda, he'll be evacuating on June 30th out of fear. Granted, troops will remain in Iraq, but the withdrawal-at-all-costs is a cowardly tactic to (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Another horrific story out of Fallujah

(...) Worst of all: he’ll get away with it. As a related aside, this was in Saturday's (URL) Guardian> (ie before yesterday's uprising): I have gone to the mosques and street demonstrations and listened to Muqtada al-Sadr's supporters shout "Death (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Another horrific story out of Fallujah

(...) And replace him with peace loving Kerry? Let me see here is a quote by John Heinz Kerry about Iraq back in 1998 "I am personally prepared, if that's what it meant. I don't think you have to start there. I think there are a number of other (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Another horrific story out of Fallujah

(...) If Iraq ends up a "stone age hell hole", it won't be the UN's fault; this mess is Bush's making. Scott A (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Republitarians (was Re: Another horrific story out of Fallujah

(...) There's the Republican Liberty Caucus (RLC (URL) website>), a group that says it is trying to work within the GOP to make it more (small L) libertarian... I can't speak to whether it's having any positive effect on the party or not. John Neal (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)