 Off-Topic / Debate / 23641
Re: Another horrific story out of Fallujah
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:03:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:
   http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20040401/aponremiea/iraq21

This is frighteningly reminiscent of the events in Somolia that inspired the movie Black Hawk Down. So the obvious question is what do we do now?

Cash in, and make another movie? ;)

Thankfully, I only saw censored pictures of what happened. A few people died yesterday, and that is upsetting to both me and you. However, you should note that a great deal of innocent civilians have been killed and mutilated by Bush & Co. The deaths yesterday were a regrettable drop in the ocean.

Do we act as Bill Clinton did in Somolia and evacuate the area out of fear?

Part of the problem, as I understand it, is that troops have already been withdrawn from Fallujah; it is a no-go area.

Do we act as the voters of Spain and give in to the demands of the murdering terrorists?

Don’t believe the hype. 90% of the Spanish population never wanted to invade Iraq... they were never part of the coalition of the willing. The electorate turned against the government when it became apparent that they were being lied to by it.

BTW: Do you even know what the “demands of the murdering terrorists” are?

Or do we stand resolute, committed to completing the task we set out to accomplish just over a year ago?

What was that; find WMD & be showered by flowers from a thankful Iraq people?

I hope that irregardless of your opinion of Bush you would agree that doing anything other than continuing along our task of liberating Iraq is the only option. Whether or not you believe war was justified, it is plain that leaving the country in the situation it is currently in would be disastrous.

Why is leaving the country the only alternative?

Why is Bush “liberating Iraq” whilst helping to persecute people in Uzbekistan?

   These terrorists are desperately longing for the corrupt days of Hussein, who cares if he rapes, pillages and murders, as long as they are treated well.

Are you sure that is the case; do they all want SH back? I know that is not the case.

   It just really hurts when Americans are treated the same way that Iraqi’s have been treated for years.

Who helped SH ill-treat his own people? Why do the Iraqi’s not trust Bush?

Scott A

Scott C.