 Off-Topic / Debate / 23142
Re: Babies who threaten to topple Israel?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:52:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Harro de Jong wrote:
dr_scott_arthur@yahoo.co.uk (Scott A) wrote in <Hrs768.1LwG@lugnet.com>:

*Sigh* The item cited above is the result of an academic study which was
published in a peer reviewed journal by a respected academic.

Do you have something similar to support your argument, or are you just
"shooting from the hip"?

In view of your response somewhere else in this topic,
[quote]
JO: I think the correct phrase should be "Anti-Israelism", and not
JO: "Antisemitism".

SA: I prefer the term "pro-justice".
[/quote]

*SIGH* Did you even read the cite I gave in that post?

My comment referred to that fact that a lot of legitimate criticism of the
Israeli right is simply labelled as "anti-Semitism" by blind supporters of
Sharon. Neither the term "Anti-Israelism" or "anti-Semitism" describes much of
the legitimate criticism of Israel. If you look closely, you will see that a lot
of Israel’s biggest critics are Jewish... and proud of it.

In this thread, I have evidenced the pro-Isreali bias in the media, shown how
Sharon suppresses free speech and illustrated how Sharon lacks democratic
credentials. So far, you have brought nothing but dogma to this debate.

I don't think I'll bother.

...and I don't think you can!

Scott A