 Off-Topic / Debate / 22714
  Re: Delicious!

(...) Food can be scary--all the preprocessed stuff and additives and whatever. Yet people still live. And they're living longer now than 'ever before'. Eh, I eat what I want to eat, and try to take reasonable care of what goes into this (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Delicious!

(...) That's actually far easier said than done. And increasingly more problematic in the U.S. than some other countries apparently (esp. Europe, I admit I have no idea about the food standards in Canada). Random thoughts: I just want to know that (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Delicious!

(...) My jury's still out on GM foodstuffs, though I agree that the GM-status of a product should be clearly indicated. (...) Maybe not, but it will be exactly as good as the proscuitto you ate before! (...) True enought, but the grains that we had (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Delicious!

(...) Richard, Have you ever headed down I-5 around Bakersfield, where they have a LOT of cattle? On a really hot day, just after the cows have turned over a field? Imagine that stench, 100 times stronger, and less natural smelling. Pig farms will (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Delicious!

(...) I think you have mixed up the idea of cloning with something else. A cloned pig is not some vat of proscuitto flesh that doesn't create waste, rather it is a very close genetic replica of another animal. I think a cloned pig would still (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Delicious!

Who says cloned pig is a clone of a full pig? They've been working on "vat flesh" for some time. If they were going to clone pig meat, it might be more environmentally conscious to just use vats. And after R&D expenses are covered, the meat gets (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Delicious!

Well, so far it's the full cloned animal in question: Cloned Food OK by FDA Reuters, 05:50 PM Oct. 30, 2003 PT (URL) I know what you are talking about too, but I think we are still some time away from that. If careful studies reveal that there are (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)