 Off-Topic / Debate / 22418
    Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California) —John Neal
   (...) Have you ever heard of Marcion, Richard? He was an early heretic who held that the God of Jesus and Yahweh were indeed different Gods entirely. Now, I am no Marcionite, but if I were, wouldn't it be rather intolerant of you to question my (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California) —Richard Marchetti
     (...) That's pretty funny. I consider you largely irrelevant to my life and strong feelings. And indeed, as I thought you might, you are backpedalling -- just not in a way that I find socially acceptable or redeeming. I don't have anything else to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California) —Justin Pankey
     (...) John, I tried to follow this debate as close as possible...forgive me if I’ve missed something. I agree with your general position that God is unchanging, however as far as I read, you’ve only reffered to the God of the Bible as a God of love. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California) —John Neal
     (...) God is indeed just and worthy to judge, but I think we must be very careful when trying to ascertain God's Will in certain situations. The tendency is to anthropomorphize God, because God is so behind the confines of our limited understanding. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California) —Justin Pankey
     (...) I disagree that this is not possible. How do you feel about the book of Revelation or Hell in general...don't you see these as God's justice in anger? I agree completely that He loves all equally- put the Bible also says He punishes those who (...) (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California) —John Neal
     (...) The Revelation to John is a letter to a persecuted Christian Church-- it is about as metaphorical as it gets. As for Hell, I simply believe that Hell is separation from God. (...) I don't think God punishes us for not accepting His perfect (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California) —Richard Marchetti
   (...) Perhaps not the only ones. I guess it depends on one's perspective... General Casts War in Religious Terms (URL) Yet the former commander and 13-year veteran of the Army's top-secret Delta Force is also an outspoken evangelical Christian who (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California) —Dave Schuler
   (...) Just so no one misses out on my righteous indignation, (URL) here's> my stupendouslyly witty literary swipe at this very same issue. (...) As Al Franken has rightly pointed out, it wasn't God who selected Dubya; it was Clarence Thomas. (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)