 Off-Topic / Debate / 22434
Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:35:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   They are the ones actively murdering innocent people in the name of God.

Perhaps not the only ones. I guess it depends on one’s perspective...

General Casts War in Religious Terms

Just so no one misses out on my righteous indignation, here’s my stupendouslyly witty literary swipe at this very same issue.

   “We in the army of God, in the house of God, kingdom of God have been raised for such a time as this,” Boykin said last year.

On at least one occasion, in Sandy, Ore., in June, Boykin said of President Bush: “He’s in the White House because God put him there.”

As Al Franken has rightly pointed out, it wasn’t God who selected Dubya; it was Clarence Thomas.

Here’s another discussion of Dubya’s take on the divine right of kings.

Particularly inspring:

Aides found him (Dubya) face down on the floor in prayer in the Oval Office.

Forgive me, but that sounds, to me, indistinguishable from full-blown dementia.

Also:

It became known that he refused to eat sweets while American troops were in Iraq, a partial fast seldom reported of an American president.

Well God bless Dubya for his almighty sacrifice. One can only hope that these accounts are unfounded in truth, but somehow I doubt it.

Dave!