 Off-Topic / Debate / 21983
Re: You don't like what I like - you are a.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:58:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Maggie Cambron wrote:

<snip>

It's
the flies with vinegar thing all over again.

But then, this is just the humble opinion of an agnostic member of the Green
Party who would be a vegetarian but I cook for omnivores and it's just not >that
big a deal.

Maggie C.

I like it!

If it's just not that big a deal, why get chagrin about it?

Or, as we found out in a WKRP ep. when Les said, "I couldn't care less about
your stupid award!"

Well, if one could care less, then he wouldn't put down the award, would he.

"I don't care if the idiots buy the clone brands!" ("don't buy the
clones"--whichever side you happen to be on)

Well, as soon as you say 'idiots', you attach a value statement to the
assertion, and it shows that you really do care about the issue, and you think
those that are contrary to your opinion are somehow less than you are.

At least, that's how this one sees it.

Dave K
-people who call other people idiots are idiots!