 Off-Topic / Debate / 21980
21979  |  21981
Subject:
You don't like what I like - you are a.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:36:04 GMT

I just wanted to throw this out here to see what people think about this...

When somebody does not like something that I may care for I really have no
problem with that. I know this world is made up of many types of people with
many types of likes and dislikes. I myself respect others right to not like
something, it really does not effect me nor does it hurt me when people do not
feel the same way I do about something.

I love bacon double cheeseburgers with lettuce and onion rings and just a tad of
catsup on it. I enjoy these often - but does that mean I should call vegetarians
idiots? I mean... whats the point? We are not clones here, so why get all bent
out of shape just because somebody does not share your viewpoints on a subject?

But I do not understand why some people must attack everything and everybody who
does not share the same likes as they do. There are people here on Lugnet for
example that call people 'idiots' and all other sorts of names for not sharing
their like for something.

Why is this?

Why do people not understand that not everybody on the face of this Earth will
enjoy the same things they do and not everybody will share their viewpoint?

Why do some people put on such a fight about changing peoples mind about
something when it really does not effect them? Why must people waste their time
and effort on things such as this?

Mark P