 Off-Topic / Debate / 21347
  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) No, by definition a criminal is exactly that. However, see the hammer argument, and the fact that the majority of murders are committed by people who KNOW each other. And Alcohol is often a factor...it's harder to kill someone with a set of (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Did you even read my post? The gun owners were the first group of Jews rounded up for precisely that reason. (...) Words on paper (laws) protect me less than the police do. Police do not stop crime over 99 percent of the time. They simply (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Did those "right to bear arms" people decide to do what you think you would, and use those arms? no, they didn't. Therefore, the arms were irrelevant at best. (...) You take them to court. You take them to the highest court you can. There have (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Gee, condescend much? I have no problem if you want to stick your head out and place it neatly on the chopping block of history, just don't ask me to do the same thing. That's really the crux of the problem: you have your opinion and I have my (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Wonderful solution, and I can tell you have no idea what you are talking about. Do you know how hard it is to fight the power? I have done it, and won some and lost most. Not fun, not at all. I'd provide more details but actually it's my own (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)