 Off-Topic / Debate / 21357
Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:37:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Powell wrote:
   I’m glad to see you have a unhealthy dose of paranoia. If you don’t like the “so called laws” of society, then move out. Go live in some nice place like Chechnia with your gun collection, and let us know how long you live. I doubt it will be very long on your own, because those “so called laws” are what is protecting you here.

Gee, condescend much?

I have no problem if you want to stick your head out and place it neatly on the chopping block of history, just don’t ask me to do the same thing.

That’s really the crux of the problem: you have your opinion and I have my own concerning the ownership of guns, the problem is that you -- and indeed, all gun control types -- insist that I agree with your view. By contrast, I am not asking you to keep a gun if it doesn’t appeal to you, even though I personally think it is your duty to do so. But you gun control types want to take away my civil liberties -- specifically, my right to own guns. That’s just not okay. And we are not agreeing to disagree -- you are actively seeking to destroy something I consider a fundamental right of freemen. Again, that’s just not okay with me and never will be.

-- Hop-Frog