 Off-Topic / Debate / 21322
21321  |  21323
Subject:
The Lie (was Re: Revisionists...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:26:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:
   However I cannot see how his actions were a rush, the intelligence that Bush used has been around for a while.

I don’t think I was harsh enough last time I responded to this -- the fact is that the above statement is a flat-out falsehood. I won’t suggest that you are knowingly lying, but you are at least following bad political information from some unethical source.

What Did He Know and When Did He Know It?

http://www.alternet.org/print.html?StoryID=16199

Call it the “Case of the Phantom Uranium.” It starts with a document, later exposed by United Nations inspectors as a crude forgery, that was sold by an African diplomat to Italian intelligence, which passed it to the British. It seemed to implicate Saddam Hussein in an attempt to buy uranium from Africa. This apparently proved too juicy a tidbit for the hawks in the Bush administration to resist. They knew that the specter of Iraqi nukes -- which U.N. inspectors would establish as baseless -- would scare Americans much more than talk of mustard gas, and scaring Americans is this administration’s M.O.

Thus in his 2003 State of the Union address, the president intoned that “the British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium in Africa.” Scary stuff. Problem was, the document was signed by an official who had given up his post a decade earlier, and the CIA had told the White House the story did not check out.

Can you understand that the above means that the President boldly lied to us all during his speech? That’s outrageous. Do read the article for the rest because I think it spells out exactly how this White House is being run and why there may be grounds for impeachment.

How many stories from how many different sources do I have to discover and post about for you to admit that there is a terrible stink of lies coming from the White House? Can you at least admit that things are obviously not as they seem, or as the White House would like us to believe?

-- Hop-Frog