 Off-Topic / Debate / 21266
Re: Revisionists...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:33:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:
   Now Bush rubs the Dem’s the wrong way...

There’s an infinity of difference between lying about Oval Office Oral and the creation of a war and lying about the basis of that war. Frankly, I think it’s sickening that you can’t see a difference.

On the one hand, a manipulative woman got her hands into the president’s trousers. On the other hand, many young americans and many more Iraqis died. Yeah. those things are prefectly equal in magnitude -- NOT!!!

   I agree that there should be a full investigation needs to be launched, and care needs to be given to the sensitivity of classified information.

Why? If the war is over and all of our information was bogus, what is there left to hide except the lies?

   Ultimately the question that needs to be answered is if people are going to die, based on intelligence reports how do we ensure that those reports are 100% accurate?

Maybe they shouldn’t die on information alone -- maybe we need to wait until the circumstances are obvious and the evidence bona fide.

There’s a due diligence factor in play here -- and Shrub simply did not take every reasonable precaution to confirm the evidence upon which he based his call to war. He rushed to judgement and forced everyone along with him with boldfaced lies.

As you said, the buck stops in the oval office.

Due diligence.

-- Hop-Frog