 Off-Topic / Debate / 21259
21258  |  21260
Subject:
Revisionists...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:50:47 GMT

"
A senior US senator says he has evidence that the Central Intelligence Agency
(CIA) deliberately withheld crucial information from the UN arms inspectors
deployed to Iraq.
The claim comes as Congress prepares to open inquiries into whether the US
Government misread or inflated threats posed by Iraq before going to war.
"

Of course, iirc (rubbing chin a la Letterman...), I mentioned that if the CIA,
et al, had info vital for the UN inspection teams to do their job, that they
should have handed that info over *before* the war.

But that's not the bit that is revisionist...

"
"Why did the CIA say that they had provided detailed information to the UN
inspectors on all of the high and medium suspect sites with the UN, when they
had not? Did the CIA act in this way in order not to undermine administration
policy? Was there another explanation for this?" he asked.
"

'We know Iraq has WoMD, we know where they are, and we'll know he's gonna use
'em on us!!!'  At least, that's what the world was lead to believe by Mr.
Powell's presentation, Rummy's yapping, and Dubya's spewing to any news souce
willing to listen...

But that's not the revisinoist bit, either...

"
"This nation acted to a threat from the dictator of Iraq. Now there are some who
would like to rewrite history; revisionist historians is what I like to call
them," the president said.
"

Ahh, there it is...

Acted to a threat from the dictator of Iraq...

I was here.  I read the news.  I watched the 'reels.  I don't recall SH
threatening *anyone* outside his borders.  As a matter of 'revisionist history',
I recall a massive army being deployed along the borders of Iraq by... oh wait
for it... "The Coalition of the Willing..." threatening the sovereign, and as
yet non-threatening country, Iraq.

If there is any revisionism going on Mr Dubya, it's by you and your cronies to
cover your oil-covered heinies.

"
But the Republican majority in the US Congress has rejected calls for a formal
investigation, arguing that any such inquiry could harm the intelligence
agencies.
"

Yeah, and my response to this absurd idea has been posted earlier.

Those that do not learn from the lessons of history are doomed.... doomed I
tells ya!!!

Unfortunately, this time it could doom us all.

Dave K