 Off-Topic / Debate / 21259
    Revisionists... —David Koudys
   (URL) senior US senator says he has evidence that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) deliberately withheld crucial information from the UN arms inspectors deployed to Iraq. The claim comes as Congress prepares to open inquiries into whether the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Revisionists... —Scott Costello
     (...) Why is it that every president has to have an inquiry launched by his opposition party, and his party objects vehemently? Clinton does something Republicans don’t like, they launch an investigation and Democrats scream that it is too (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Revisionists... —Richard Marchetti
     (...) There's an infinity of difference between lying about Oval Office Oral and the creation of a war and lying about the basis of that war. Frankly, I think it's sickening that you can't see a difference. On the one hand, a manipulative woman got (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Revisionists... —Scott Costello
     (...) If you could take your confrontational partisan hat for just a second and re-read my last post you would see that I was actually criticising Republicans in congress who are currently playing politics as usual, by blocking attempts at an (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Revisionists... —Richard Marchetti
      (...) That whole line of questioning was really impermissable and would not have happened at another time in history. You are talking about a man that lied about having an affair. Why? Because supposedly you can't be president if you inhale or like (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

          Re: Revisionists... —Scott Costello
      (...) When I talk about impeachment I talk about lying to a grand jury in front of a federal judge; I talk about if it should be alright for a sitting president to commit a felony and not be prosecuted; I talk about obvious obstruction of justice. (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         The Lie (was Re: Revisionists...) —Richard Marchetti
     (...) I don't think I was harsh enough last time I responded to this -- the fact is that the above statement is a flat-out falsehood. I won't suggest that you are knowingly lying, but you are at least following bad political information from some (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Newsbits (was Re: Revisionists...) —Richard Marchetti
   Nuclear Evidence on Iraq (URL) edit: includes great bits like "What Intelligence Officials Knew about the Forged Iraq Nuclear Evidence," and "The Bush Administration’s Use of the Forged Iraq Nuclear Evidence" The Dog Ate My WMDs (URL) The questions (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)