 Off-Topic / Debate / 21141
Re: Unscientific AOL Shrub Credability Poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:42:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:
   Sorry froggy I just had to poke at AOL. Being a recovering 7 year AOL subscriber I can promise you that you can leave, just take it one day at a time.

No arguments, really.

But check out where most of my posts come from, the raw view would have given you this for that last post: 67.123.147.114. Then you could have gone somewhere sketchy like: http://www.dnsstuff.com/, entered the IP and gotten this result:

Answer:
67.123.147.114 PTR record: adsl-67-123-147-114.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net.

...or to be even more specific in my particular case, an SBC Global DSL account. I’d say it’s way better than AOL, esp. if you trash SBC’s software (which sucks as badly as does AOL’s stuff).’

In operating systems other than Windows you could have gotten results like the above without even going to a junky website, you could have done a command line thing. A lot of the cooler commands are not apparently supported by Windows, but I’m not positive of that fact.

-- Hop-Frog