 Off-Topic / Debate / 21134
21133  |  21135
Subject:
Unscientific AOL Shrub Credability Poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 03:03:20 GMT

How credible is Bush?
46% Not at all 86,047
39% Very 74,361
15% Somewhat 28,102
Total votes: 188,510

Which issue will make Bush most vulnerable in 2004?
67% Economy 123,965
15% War in Iraq 27,203
9% Special interests 16,795
5% War on terror 9,779
4% Civil liberties 6,669
Total votes: 184,411

These are the results in progress, and NOT the final results -- not that it matters much. Stuff like this is rather meaningless and I offer it as only a passing amusement.

AOL’s poll last month on “will U.S. find banned weapons in Iraq” was rather misleading: we had already found “banned weapons”, banned weapons are not the same thing as WMD, and the difference matters. WMD are supposed to be only nukes, but I am willing to concede a meaning that could be defined as a weapon that could kill many people at once -- like chemical or biological weapons. Even given the weaker definition Iraq has not been proven, before or after war, to possess any weapons of immediate threat to the U.S.

It’s sort of disappointing to see how little people seem to care about their civil liberties, but it’s easy to not care about things until they go away completely.

-- Hop-Frog