 Off-Topic / Debate / 21133
Re: Accountability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:25:55 GMT

   And since Iraq sill isn’t liberated--that is, since they cannot choose their own destiny, that point is also null and void--Your president is lying to us again. Lies, damn lies and moronic rhetoric. When are you going to call for his resignation?

Sorry, Kooties - you have a long wait ahead of you. The tail wags the dog thing might even win him the next election (and thereby provide him his first legitimate presidency).

Too fat (pass me the chips, eh?)...

Too comfy (watching the idiot box present me with pleasant images instead of truth)...

Too rich (as an American I pretend I possess the wealth that would make the tax cut matter to me, instead I will get my imaginary slice of the pie)...

Too stupid (what I didn’t learn in kindergarten I just don’t want to know)...

Seriously, talk politics with the average European and you will discover how woefully, blissfully ignorant most Amerians are and wish to be. To the average European many things are “of course” that are taken as revelations by the average American. To make any headway with an American in a political discussion is to first assume you are about to provide a major education in world history and political theory.

The “educated” American is almost worse -- he thinks a cursory reading of Ayn Rand makes him a John Galt, a member of the elite instead of a member of the masses. Rand’s beautiful neo-classical imagery is okay for a fantasy, but where the rubber hits the road the real engine of the world’s spinning is might makes right and the law of the thief. Want proof? Bill Gates is one of the wealthiest and most influential persons living -- and this because he was a Creator or Plunderer? Thanks for the fairy tale lessons, Ayn! I mean, she observes the correct phenomenon (emotionally Ayn makes the grade), but takes away the wrong lessons because the real world is not a comic book and will not have a comic book outcome -- and ‘twas ever thus. Repeat after me: I am not the fountainhead of all wisdom, I’m just another little guy already beaten by the system before I’ve even truly begun. I am a Creator not because it gives me power, but because it is a function of who I am and I can as little control it as I could my own beating heart. All hail the Plunderer -- the true source of political power. Want power? Learn how to steal, not how to create.

YMMV.

-- Hop-Frog