 Off-Topic / Debate / 20560
    Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate" —Larry Pieniazek
   Coming back to a loose end... let me preface this by saying that I happen to agree with much of what Mr. Robbins said in his speech to the national press club about the dangers that americans face. Ashcroft is prima facia scary... The Patriot Act (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate" —Scott Costello
     (...) I was yesterday reminded of the case of John Rocker. For those of you that aren't familiar with Rocker's situation, he was a star closing pitcher for the Atlanta Braves, very popular and highly regarded with the organization. In a Sports (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate" —David Koudys
      In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes: <snip> (...) I'd like to be there for that competition! Dave K (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate" —Larry Pieniazek
      (...) Er, no you don't... You merely know that I chose not to make that particular finding clear one way or another. :-) (any flattery I may have uttered at the time notwithstanding) (URL) to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate" —Jason Maxwell
     (...) The difference being that he signed a contract that included (as apparently many major league contracts do) a clause about his conduct off the field as a representative of the Braves. I'd have to go digging in news archives to get the exact (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate" —Richard Marchetti
   How exactly is what you are advocating different from cosigning discrimination? useful definitions: discrimination -- treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit prejudice -- irrational suspicion or hatred of a (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)