 Off-Topic / Debate / 20431
Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 04:27:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Stefan Garcia writes:

If a kid by the age of fifteen
or so can deliver a legitimate, thought provoking,
and/ or sensible reason as to eschew church, then
by all means they don't have to attend.

After they've been brainwashed since they first could understand words, you
mean, by being forced to attend church up til then? We chose not to do that
to our children. They can decide for themselves once they're old enough but
for now we are not forcing them to attend any church.

Also, you say "legitimate, thought provoking and/or sensible" reason. What's
the metric for that? Would it be sufficient to say "I simply don't choose to
accept the tenets of christianity" or would the child have to present a
proof for the non decidability the question of the existance of god, or what?

Why is everyone so eager to blaim atheists (I'm agnostic, btw)?  There is
nothing wrong with having a different opinion.  See my above for the rest.

HMMM?! Gee, I wonder why?! No, there isn't a problem
with being wrong. However, I have read a lot of comments
from atheists, and Terry's just has to take the cake...

Every group has some bad apples. Don't write off all atheists (or all
Canadians, or all French speakers, or all movie fans, or all BrickLink
sellers, or all LUGNET users) based on Mr. Prosper's comments.

I certainly haven't.