 Off-Topic / Debate / 20433
Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 04:51:41 GMT

Every group has some bad apples. Don't write off all atheists (or all
Canadians, or all French speakers, or all movie fans, or all BrickLink
sellers, or all LUGNET users) based on Mr. Prosper's comments.

I certainly haven't.

Well, thank you, Lar, in the name of all Québécois, all BL shop owners, etc
etc, to not judge them because you don't agree with me.

Although this time, I do agree with your moral choice not to force religion
onto your children.  That was very mature and wise of you to do so.

I don't consider myself a bad apple, but then again, who would consider
themselves as bad?  I try to debate my opinions in respect.  I don't see in
what way I lacked respeck towards the BL shope owner that wnated religion on
BL by asking him to change his Splash page very politely.  No do I see how I
was intolerant by saying that forcing a child into religion shouldn't be
allowed.  There seems to be a lot of anger directed towards me.  Maybe I am
not as diplomatic as I would like to be.  Maybe it's just the fact that I
truly can't withsatnd people who try to insult me, like Matt just did, or
like you did too.  As for John Neil, I'll gladly admit I insulted him first
and without any provocation directed personnally at me, but I'm not sorry to
have insulted him and only him.

I'm sorry if some people here don't understand me.  I myself don't
understand a lot of people here, but even if I don't agree with your politic
opinion doesn't mean I judge you as a whole, like you seem do for me.  As
for Matt, his attacks were unjustified and if he says he's sorry, I'll
gladly put this whole story behind, but I sure won't let people tell me I'm
idiot or intolerant because I fight for my opinions.

BTW, I am not Canadian, but thanks in their name too for not judging them.
I'm sure they appreciate it :-)

Terry
Always writing his opinion wondering who will be next to insult me for nothing.