 Off-Topic / Debate / 20413
  Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"

(...) To answer your question above, I was referring, as I believe the author of the article was as well, to Arab immigration and their direct descendants post WWII. When I said "dominated", I meant in the context of numbers. The Muslim population (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"

(...) So doesn't that make your own distinction between "Muslim" and "Arab" a bit shakier? You claimed to be referring to Muslims, and that Arab was a race-related term. (...) (and exactly what do you propose to do about it???) Don't you think it's (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"

(...) lol Absolutely nothing-- it's not really my problem! I just found the statistics interesting and am just wondering how *Europe* will react. (...) Again, I don't want to speak about *Arabs*, unless we are talking about those Arabs who are (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"

(...) Right there, I can tell you exactly why you are mistaking. Oussama Bin Laden attacked USA because of USA's foreign affairs. Your country gets involved in almost every political tension in the world, even when USA has nothing to do with it and (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"

(...) Should it react at all? Are we in trouble? If so, exactly what kind of trouble? (...) Read some paragraphs above: you stated *clearly* that you were referring to Arabs, as you supposed that the author was too. (...) Of course not. You won't (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"

(...) ...and non-existent to the radical Christians, which there seem to be more and more of every day. Go ahead, try to sweep your own people under the rug, but you can't deny there are quite a number of absolute NUTCASES that swing some decent (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)