 Off-Topic / Debate / 1953
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 04:57:23 GMT

I find it interesting that you can twist around what I say so
remarkably, since it seems to be one of your hot buttons to accuse
others of twisting YOUR words.

Your god requires worship in a specific way. Why is that not groveling?

My morality is there on the table for all to see, it derives from a few
simple principles (one, actually). If I live a life fully consistent
with it, why would that not be righteous?

For me to condemn god would be to acknowledge that she existed. Don't
believe I've done that. I've merely condemned a hypothetical god who
would require me to worship her in a specific way or suffer fire for my
pains, no matter how well I live, yet who will take a murderer up to eat
honey at her side as long as that murderer is truly "Sorry" for what
they did.

Bah.

So, hypotethetically speaking, is that your god or not?

Jesse Long wrote: