 Off-Topic / Debate / 1964
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:05:26 GMT

arry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
I find it interesting that you can twist around what I say so
remarkably, since it seems to be one of your hot buttons to accuse
others of twisting YOUR words.

What have a twisted?  You decry my/our/Christians' concept of God because
the God you see in the Bible doesn't live up to your definitions of justice,
righteousness, and fairness.

Your god requires worship in a specific way. Why is that not groveling?

When did I say that God requires specific worship?

My morality is there on the table for all to see, it derives from a few
simple principles (one, actually). If I live a life fully consistent
with it, why would that not be righteous?

Because lots of cultures practice things perfectly "righteous" to them that
others would never accept.  That makes your particular set of morals either
superior, meaning there is an absolute scale that can be better than yours,
or it makes your particular set of morals jusy another in a long line of
relativistic crap passing as morals and not really that great after all,
except in your own mind.

For me to condemn god would be to acknowledge that she existed. Don't
believe I've done that. I've merely condemned a hypothetical god who
would require me to worship her in a specific way or suffer fire for my
pains, no matter how well I live, yet who will take a murderer up to eat
honey at her side as long as that murderer is truly "Sorry" for what
they did.

You're really hung up on this worship thing.  Do you not like being told
you're wrong, by any chance?  Christianity isn't about worship procedures.
That's denomination, and it doesn't matter.

Bah.

So, hypotethetically speaking, is that your god or not?

No.  For reasons to which you're not paying attention.

Jesse