 Off-Topic / Debate / 18912
18911  |  18913
Subject:
WOMD [weapons of mass *deception*]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:39:27 GMT

And the allies didn't kill many German citizens in the second WW.  Well, not
as much as they will kill Iraqi citizen in the upcoming war, since US troops
will only go were the bombs have destroyed and kill everything first...
Like in 1992.

German civilian loses were somewhere around 2,000,000.  Civilian loses
caused by the US in 1992 and Afghanistan were astonishingly light in
comparison.  Actually invading Iraq will cause more civilian damage than in
the Desert Storm operation, though.

Given that civilians were targeted in WW2, I don't see how the two can be
compared? In Afghanistan, we had the ability to prosecute the intervention with
far less civilian casualties [that fact that far less than 2,000,000 died is
not a laudable point]. However, as the "wimps" in the focus groups in the US
lack the stomach for a fighting war, civilians had to pay the price. I expect
the same will happen in the looming war in Iraq. We’ll see more high altitude
bombing, more cluster bombs and we’ll be subjected to the usual WOMD [weapons
of mass *deception*].

Scott A