 Off-Topic / Debate / 18880
Re: Men vs. Women
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:48:48 GMT

I'm afraid I'm partially to blame.  I added to the boy side of the equation
by having a son.  If I had a daughter, I would have helped correct the
imbalance.  :-)

I know that sounds flippant, but it's mostly true.  While my wife was
pregnant, I walked down the girl's toy aisles at TRU.  Pink and purple
(which should answer your question about Lego doing the same).  Blah.

It dawned on me in that instant that in this day and age that I didn't have
to get a daughter "girl" toys.  I'd give her Lego!  It was a wonderful
revelation.

But let's face it, in America at least, there is this tendancy not to
prepare girls for careers in math and science.  Just age old habits that
need to be broken.

And why is this in off-topic?  :-)

-->Bruce<--