 Off-Topic / Debate / 18174
  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) John, you are being obtuse. Like I say below, Ghandi demonstrated where the real power lies. (...) By parodying a rather (in)famous Austrian, I was actually referring to your nationalistic outlook. (...) So as long as the US saves more than it (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) Look, for every "Ghandi" type example you give, I could give you 100s where the little guy gets squashed. There is no "real power", just power. (...) Your little parody fell on deaf ears because it isn't even *remotely* analogous. (...) I will (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Vote against/for...

C'mon John, stop making me defend Scott, it's really annoying. (while he did correctly point out that no one is perfect, he forgot to add that some of us are closer than others) (...) Straw dog. That's not what he said... He merely pointed out that (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) In what way *specifically* does it help to be white? I would say that, all things being equal, it *hurts* to be white. In PC corporate America, if you had 2 applicants for a job, both equal in all ways but 1 black and 1 white, whom do you (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) I can only suppose you don't know the answer to this or you would have never posed the question. The white. Oh, it's not as bad as it was during the sixties, but since the people in charge of hiring are still overwhelmingly white males, that's (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) I thought that was self-evident. I read a quote the other day which I liked. It's from Ted Turner: "If I only had a little humility, I'd be perfect." Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)