 Off-Topic / Debate / 18190
Re: Vote against/for...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 22:13:43 GMT

He merely pointed out that still, even after all the progress that we've
made in this country, it helps to be white. That's wrong. Plain and simple.

In what way *specifically* does it help to be white?  I would say that, all
things being equal, it *hurts* to be white.  In PC corporate America, if you
had 2 applicants for a job, both equal in all ways but 1 black and 1 white,
whom do you suppose would get the job?

How to fix it? I dunno. It's clear (to me anyway) that welfare and
affirmative action, are at this point, making things worse rather than better.

I agree completely!  Because in the final analysis, those are fundamentally
flawed (and in the case of AA, downright racist) policies in and of
themselves-- it is little wonder that they are failures.  Two wrongs don't make
it right.

BTW just watch the Democratic party implode when the issue of reparations is
pushed onto the Democratic platform.  All of their disingenuous pandering since
the 60's to the "black community" is going to boomerang and bite them in the
butt.

-John